Writing in Spanish
To type accents in Android, I recommend the app Smart Keyboard.
- Download the free version or pro version of the app and install it on your device
- Go to “Language and keyboard” and check the “Smart Keyboard” box
- Go to “Settings > Language > Current Language” and choose “English (International)”
- Press inside any app’s text box in order to activate a popup menu. Choose “Input Method” and then “Smart Keyboard”
That’s it! Now you can type accents in any program by pressing and holding the button for the unaccented letter for a moment. A list of accented letters will pop up for you to choose from.
- To type á, press and hold a, then choose.
- To type ú or ü, press and hold u, then make your selection.
- To type ñ, press and hold n.
Don’t use Android?